Friday, January 9, 2009

Spicy Collards and Black Eyed Peas




I made this recipe from http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/05/spicy-collards-and-black-eyed-pea-soup.html with a few changes and boy! was it Yum-ME!!


I used frozen collards, no bell pepper and no tomato paste. However, I used about a 1/4 cup of Pace Picante Salsa and 1 Tablespoon of Paprika and a Tablespoon of Turmeric, with a teaspoon of my favorite chile powder, since I didn't have chipotle and a smidgen of ginger. I added a teaspoon of wine vinegar at the tend, to perk up the flavor even more. I cooked the greens for about 30 minutes before adding the cooked peas and other ingredients. It was a major hit!! Healthy and tasty, to the max!!
Makes at least 6 servings. Each provides 242 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (4% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium; 11g Fiber. Weight Watchers Core/4 Flex Points.

No comments: