Monday, February 26, 2007

New interest - Japanese crafting books

After getting acquainting with the inspiring and excellent crafters in the blogsphere, I got interested in the Japanese craft books I'd been seeing. I contacted one gracious lady about her post about a book and she gave good advice about trying to buy through several online sites, including ebay. They have a lovely selection. I tried and tried and was tempted but didn't buy anything.

Then I searched on Japanese book stores and discovered that we have a great Japanese bookstore within 20 minutes drive of my house. Sunday, I visited it along with my son and god son, who are anime and manga enthusiasts. Lo and behold I found good stuff and better yet, I discovered I could order just about any book and they would call me and not charge me shipping!! What a deal!

The Sanseido bookstore has a website http://www.books-sanseido.co.jp/ but I found it difficult to navigate, considering I don't read or speak Japanese.

The clerk used this website http://www.bk1.co.jp (all Japanese of course) which is much more intuitive and allows one to search on ISBNs and see the covers. Very helpful.

So, I bought 3 books off the shelf and ordered 4 books.
Bought:
1. 4-8347-2396-8 Sew smart with only 50cm cloth 2006/03 $11.60

flat bag, tote bag, bucket tote bag, granny bag, lagoon bag.



3. 4-309-28033-1 Watabe サト work 2005/10 $17.40
Shoes, bed cover, hat, coaster, bag, apron, cushion cover, curtain, pouch, etc.









ORDERED through Sanseido bookstore for cover price and no shipping.



2. 4-8347-2235-X The ever popular Cozy handbag and pouchettes ふ or ふ or bag & pouch (ready boutique series sewing)
2005/1 $12.35


3. 4-579-11023-4 ZAKKA where it is and the っ does and would like to live in the ょ 2004/11 $20.30


4. 4-8347-2366-6 The cloth which is made with natural material it is dense the thing (ready boutique series sewing) Using the linen and the cotton, and the wool a little, the cloth of the miscellaneous goods feeling which it makes it is dense thing collection 2006/01 $12.35



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?